JOB DESCRIPTION - Rape Crisis & Human Trafficking Services Program Manager
Position: Rape Crisis & Human Trafficking Program Manager
Wage: $55,120/annual - $59,664/annual
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Visalia, CA
Supervises: Victim Advocate Coordinator, A.L.L. Project Coordinator, A.L.L. Victim Advocate, Prevention Specialist, Program Advocate Assistant, Human Trafficking Program Coordinator, Human Trafficking Youth Coordinator, Human Trafficking Victim Advocates
About Family Services
Family Services helps children, adults, and families heal from violence and thrive in healthy relationships. We serve victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, child abuse, and other trauma through shelter, mental health services, and comprehensive support services. Our prevention and intervention programs also help stop the cycle of abuse. We are a private, nonprofit organization working to build a community of safe homes, safe relationships, and safe children—which means a safer, healthier community for everyone. Family Services offers salary and highly competitive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, retirement), commensurate with experience and skills. Family Services is highly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employees from all backgrounds.
The primary function of the Rape Crisis & Human Trafficking Services Program Manager is to manage the activities, staff, and volunteers of the Rape Crisis Center and Freedom House and ensure supportive, trauma-informed response to survivors as well as compliance with all organizational goals, objectives, policies, and regulations.
- Supervise Rape Crisis Center operations serving adult, youth, and child survivors of sexual assault.
- Provide overall leadership for program planning and development of operational procedures to ensure quality services are provided.
- Ensure maintenance of required statistical data, service documentation, and files. Prepare reports in accordance with established deadlines for funding sources, the public, and/or the Family Services Board of Directors
- Provide regular on-going supervision to direct service employees and complete personnel-related forms and documentation as necessary.
- Maintain an empathetic, courteous, accepting office environment responsive to clients and other service providers and conducive to good staff morale and performance.
- Must complete a 40-hour State approved sexual assault victim counselor certification.
- Plan and oversee the agency’s 40-hour State approved sexual assault victim counselor training and provide continuing education and ongoing support to staff and volunteers as outlined in the CA Penal Code.
- Coordinate volunteer assignments to maximize support of 24 hour Sexual Assault Hotline.
- Develop and maintain working relationships and coordination with community agencies or entities that impact sexual assault victims. Represent Family Services on community councils and committees including the Tulare County Human Trafficking Task Force, HT Victim Services subcommittee, California Coalition Against Sexual Assault, and other efforts.
- Participate in and coordinate rape prevention and community education efforts. Maintain and update prevention curricula for varying audiences. Seek out public relations and community access activities.
- Network with members of the Sexual Assault Response Team (S.A.R.T.). Arrange and facilitate all aspects of meetings and training programs for S.A.R.T.
- Maintain awareness of budgetary and fiscal issues that impact program operation. Manage expenditures within budget and revenue restrictions.
- Provide direct client services as needed.
- Attend staff meetings, training, sexual assault regional and statewide meetings, and/or related committees and task forces.
- Communicate the progress, problems, and needs of the Rape Crisis Response Center to the Chief Program Officer on a weekly basis.
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to avoid injury to self and others.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Social Work, Social Sciences, Human Services, Organizational Management, or related field. State approved sexual assault victim counselor certification required.
Experience: One-year supervisory experience and two years’ experience in human service field; ability to relate to and work closely with victims of sexual assault.
Transportation: A valid California Driver License and availability of a vehicle for business use and auto liability coverage as required by law.
Additional Requirements: Must receive clearance from the Department of Justice Criminal Record Offender Information database.
Complete our online application at www.fstc.net/who-we-are/careers/ or download and submit employment application with resume and cover letter by one of the following methods:
Family Services of Tulare County
Attn: Human Resources Coordinator
815 W. Oak
Visalia, CA 93291
Fax: (559) 732-1987
The conditions described above must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Family Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.