At CHAT House Supervised Visitation Centers, children can visit with their non-custodial parent or transfer from one custodial parent to another in a safe, conflict-free environment.
- Contact between a noncustodial party and one or more children in the presence of a neutral third person. The Professional Provider must be able to hear, see, and understand all adult/child interactions, but does not interfere or participate unless a problem arises. Visits take place in a private setting.
- Supervised visits are available Tuesday through Sunday. Exact days and times are scheduled upon completion of intake or orientation by both parties.
- The presence of a neutral third party when a child is being exchanged from one parent to another for visitation ensuring the safety of the child and decreasing the possibility of conflict between parents/ guardians.
- Safe exchanges are available Monday through Sunday. Exact days and times are scheduled upon completion of intake or orientation by both parties.
- Progress reports are sent to the court every 10 weeks, as long as there have been at least eight visits during this period.
Cost for Services
Any fees that may apply to your services will depend on your court order.
- Grant Programs: Non-custodial parents who qualify for a Court Fee Waiver from Family Court Services may be eligible for a grant program at no cost for up to six months.
- Comprehensive Supervised Visitation: Visitation fees will be charged based on a sliding scale. Fees are due at the beginning of each visit by both parents or as designated by the Court.
- Safe Exchange Services: A $40 flat fee is due at the beginning of each exchange by both parents or as designated by the Court. (Exchange services are not eligible for a fee waiver.)
Our program procedures follow the California Rules of Court Standards 5.20 for Supervised Visitation. Program providers are not advocates for either parent but are present to ensure a setting that is supportive of children’s safety.
CHAT House Locations
VISALIA: 221 N. JOHNSON | VISALIA, CA (559) 625-4894
PORTERVILLE: 313 W. HENDERSON | PORTERVILLE, CA (559) 791-9277
Please call 559-625-4894 to register or for more information.