Family Services engages the community to raise awareness about domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking to reach victims where they are. We attend a variety of community events to provide information about our services, as well as provide presentations for schools, service clubs, church groups, businesses, or other groups. Popular topics include:
- General Overview of Family Services
- Domestic Violence 101
- The Impact of Domestic Violence on Children
- Sexual Assault
- Human Trafficking 101
- Trauma 101
- Sexual Assault Response Team Overview/Collaborative Response
- Child Sexual Abuse Overview & Prevention
- Correlation between Sexual Assault and Alcohol & Other Drugs
Through our Rape Prevention Education program, Family Services aims to eliminate the individual, relationship, community, and societal influences that result in perpetration, victimization, and bystander attitudes that allow sexual violence to occur.
¡Los Lideres! Mobilizing Against Sexual Violence, formerly MyStrength and My Voice, is a co-ed leadership club at Woodlake High School. Students learn about and educate their peers on how to be an active bystander to prevent sexual violence.