JOB DESCRIPTION - Part-Time Professional Provider
Two Positions available: Professional Provider of Supervised Visitation
Reports to: Supervised Visitation Program Manager
FLSA Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Location: Visalia or Porterville (1 opening at each location, 2 openings total)
Department: Supervised Visitation
About Family Services:
Family Services helps children, adults, and families heal from violence and thrive in healthy relationships. We serve victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, child abuse, and other trauma through shelter, mental health services, and comprehensive support services. Our prevention programs also help stop the cycle of abuse. We are a private, nonprofit organization working to build a community of safe homes, safe relationships, and safe children—which means a safer, healthier community for everyone. Family Services offers salary and highly competitive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, retirement), commensurate with experience and skills. Family Services is highly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employees from all backgrounds.
Summary: Supervise virtual and in-person visits by accurately documenting all interactions and conversations between the child/children and their visiting parent(s) as ordered by Tulare County Family Court or Child Welfare Services. Support families and communicate their needs and concerns immediately. Manage conflict when it arises, specifically the ability to intervene and/or end a virtual or in-person supervised visit when necessary. Adhere to virtual and in-person program policies and protocols to ensure the safety of those involved in the visit. Work independently and collaborate effectively in a team. Possess a high level of work ethics with handling confidential client information and maintaining professional boundaries. Participate in staff meetings and training as scheduled. Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Supervise in-person visits between a child and a non-custodial parent as ordered by Family Court or Child Welfare Services
- Supervise virtual visits between a child/children and a non-custodial party as ordered by Family Court or Child Welfare Services using the electronic system Zoom.
- Document visitation observations and chart notes in a clear and concise manner.
- Document visitation observation notes and chart notes in accordance with agency policy and California Uniform Standards of Practice 5.20 and Family Codes 3200.5
- Redirect or end an in-person visit per program policies and protocols.
- Redirect or end a virtual (Zoom) visit per virtual program policies and protocols.
- Report suspected child abuse/endangerment according to state law.
- Perform all work in a safe manner so as to avoid injury to self and others.
- Communicate all concerns, needs, or program ideas with the Program Manager in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
- Perform clerical work as assigned by the Program Manager in and outside of the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Completion of high school or equivalency or Associates' degree.
- Experience: Demonstrated ability to read and write English. Must demonstrate maturity and teamwork in all crisis situations. Bilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Transportation: A valid California Driver's License, availability of automobile for business use, and at least minimal auto liability insurance coverage as required by law.
- Must be 21 years of age to apply
- Clearance from the Department of Justice Criminal Record Offender Information Database
- Not have been on probation or parole for the last 10 years, Have no conviction for DUI within the past 5 years. No conviction of child molesting, child abuse, or other crimes against a person. No civil, criminal, or juvenile restraining orders within the last 10 years. Have no current or past court order in which the provider is the person being supervised.
- Not be financially dependent on the person being supervised
- Must possess or be immediately able to obtain 24 hours of training of Standard 5.20 Uniform Standards of Practice for Providers of Supervised Visitation, domestic violence, substance abuse; child abuse, child abuse reporting laws, child development, court/legal procedures, community resources, and crisis intervention.
- documentation: 2 years (Preferred)
- observing children: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer service: 2 years (Required)
- client database: 1 year (Preferred)
- Presentation skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
Porterville, CA 93257: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required).
Visalia, CA 93279: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required).
Work Location: One location
Covid-19 Vaccination & Testing: Please be aware that Family Services requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or complete weekly testing. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination or set a routine testing plan with HR. Family Services has several testing options.
To Apply: Complete our online application below or download and submit an employment application with a resume and cover letter by one of the following methods:
Fax: (559) 732-1987
Family Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The conditions described above must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Family Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.