Position: Part-time Parenting Education Instructor
Wage: $15.39- $16.66
Reports to: Program Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Visalia, CA
Department: Supervised Visitation
About Family Services
Family Services helps children, adults, and families heal from violence and thrive in healthy relationships. We serve victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, child abuse, and other trauma through shelter, mental health services, and comprehensive support services. Our prevention programs also help stop the cycle of abuse. We are a private, nonprofit organization working to build a community of safe homes, safe relationships, and safe children—which means a safer, healthier community for everyone. Family Services offers salary and highly competitive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, retirement), commensurate with experience and skills. Family Services is highly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employees from all backgrounds.
Facilitate visitation services for parents of children who have court ordered visits and coordinate and teach parenting education classes and enrichment programs.
- Facilitate short-term parenting development groups utilizing evidence- based or adult learning curricula and educational material.
- Maintain records of participant attendance, progress, and other elements as required.
- Attend mandatory weekly meetings and seasonal trainings.
- Demonstrate awareness and competency in providing services to multi-ethnic, multi-cultural groups and individuals.
- Maintain awareness of, and act in accordance with child abuse reporting laws and procedures.
- Conduct program and client outcome evaluation.
- Maintain regular communication with supervisor. Share concerns and ideas for improvement of program.
- Refer class participants to other community resources and services as appropriate.
- Perform duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to self and others.
- Adherence to policies related to HIPAA, confidentiality, information sharing and appropriate use of agency client database.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Education. Child Development or Human Services usually required.
- Experience: One year’s experience in child development, parenting education, or counseling required. For some positions, may be required to demonstrate ability to work in a bilingual setting (Spanish/English).
- Transportation: A valid California Driver License, availability of automobile for business use, and at least minimal auto liability insurance coverage as required by law.
- Additional Requirements: Must receive clearance from the Department of Justice Criminal Record Offender Information database. Knowledge of budgets or grant management; excellent speaking and writing, training and presentation skills also required. Experience working with low-income and/or homeless populations helpful.
Complete our online application at www.fstc.net/who-we-are/careers/ or download and submit employment application with resume and cover letter by one of the following methods:
Family Services of Tulare County
Attn: Human Resources Coordinator
P.O. Box 429
Visalia, CA 93279
Fax: (559) 732-1987
The conditions described above must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Family Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.