Family Services' is currently recruiting for volunteers in the Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis programs. Interested volunteers must go through a 40-hour certified training and commit to volunteering for 1-year, 2 times per month. Volunteer days/times may vary and include evenings or weekends, depending on the program. Volunteers are to provide supportive services, information and referrals, and advocacy services to clients of said programs in-person and over phone.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Interview with Volunteer Coordinator & Program Manager
- Attend ALL training sessions for desired program
- Clear Fingerprint process and DMV Record screening
- Not currently receiving services in relation to any domestic violence or sexual assault
Upcoming Training Dates:
Sexual Assault Victim Counselor Training
Jan. 25 - Feb. 22 (5 Fridays) 8:00a.m.- 5:00p.m.
Domestic Violence Crisis Counselor Training
Mar. 1 - 29 (5 consecutive Fridays) 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
Please contact Linda Bonilla at 559-732-7371 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering or for more information. Space is limited.