Join our Community Engagement team as a volunteer for our various fundraising events throughout the year. Volunteers are essential to Family Services’ ability to raise money that keeps our programs going strong. In this role, you’ll gain experience with fundraising events and event planning while volunteering in a fun, lively, and fast-paced setting.
- The length of commitment is flexible. Commit to helping with one event or join our pool of potential event volunteers, and we’ll contact you whenever we have a need to see if you’re available.
- Most events will be held during evening and weekend hours, but there are some daytime, weekday opportunities.
- Attend meetings and training as needed.
- Complete COVID-19 symptom screenings prior to each shift, and provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or submit to testing prior to in-person volunteering.
Duties and responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities vary depending on the event, but could include:
- Setting up event venue, including moving chairs and tables, placing decorations, setting up equipment, or setting up silent auction items.
- Working at an event check-in table.
- Welcoming guests and helping with directions.
- Helping guests with silent auction checkout.
- Bagging/boxing silent auction items for donors and helping them to vehicles.
- Accepting donations or payments using a card reader.
- Cleaning up event venue, including moving chairs, tables, and decorations; boxing up and moving decorations and supplies; picking up trash.
- Helping with pre-event tasks such as stuffing envelopes, folding programs, or making/assembling decorations.
- Duties may vary as needs arise or change.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer at events.
- Must have reliable transportation and means of communication (i.e. cell phone)
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time, lift 30 pounds, and communicate clearly.
- Must enjoy working with people and have a customer service mindset.
Screening Requirements and Process
- Must interview with Volunteer Coordinator and/or Development staff
- Ongoing volunteers must receive clearance from the Department of Justice Criminal Record Offender Information database.
- Provide proof of valid CA Driver’s License.