The function of the Outreach Intern is to attend outreach activities and events throughout Tulare County. The goal of these activities and events is to educate the community about the programs and services that Family Services offers. Interns will also help to create awareness about sexual assault, domestic violence, and human trafficking.
This is an unpaid, part-time internship.
- One semester or six months of service; minimum of 6 hours per week (Hours vary depending on schedule of events. Most events take place in Spring and Fall.)
- Volunteers must be flexible and be able to attend some evening and weekend events.
- Available to attend meetings and additional training as needed.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Represent Family Services in a professional and respectful manner
- Transport booth supplies to and from events
- Set up information table and distribute agency program flyers and brochures as needed
- Explain FSTC programs and services to event attendees
- Maintain regular communication with staff in reference to scheduling and availability
- Communicate ideas for program development and/or other outreach program needs
- Must understand and appreciate diversity, and to be sensitive to different experiences and lifestyles
- Respond to victimization disclosures with a respectful, trauma-informed approach
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to avoid injury to self and others
- Commute to events throughout Tulare County as needed
- Excellent communicator and relationship-builder
- Cares about Family Services’ mission
- Bi-lingual is helpful
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have reliable transportation and means of communication (i.e. cellphone)
Screening Requirements and Process:
- Must interview with Volunteer Coordinator, Program Manager and/or Program Staff
- Must receive clearance from the Department of Justice Criminal Record Offender Information database
- Provide proof of valid CA Driver’s License
- Complete COVID-19 symptom screenings prior to each shift and follow our COVID safety guidelines
- Adhere to masking guidelines while participating at indoor events and as required by Family Services