Join our Community Engagement team as an intern! You'll gain marketing and communications experience while being part of the movement to end violence in our community. The Communications and Marketing Intern works closely with the Development & Communications Coordinator. College students with a Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related major, and an interest in Family Services’ mission are encouraged to apply.
This is an unpaid, part-time internship/volunteer position.
- 6 months or one semester of service; minimum of 10 hours per week. Family Services will work with the student and university to ensure college credit is given for the internship if applicable.
- This position is remote (working off-site/at home). There may be 1-2 opportunities during the internship to attend an in-person event or activity depending on availability.
- Attend scheduled meetings via Zoom and additional training as needed.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Social media content creation
- Short and long-form writing (e.g. e-newsletters, blog posts, newsletter articles, flyers)
- Video editing
- Website maintenance
- Special events and marketing campaigns, such as Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Sexual Assault Awareness & Prevention Month, and Denim Day
- Duties may vary as needs arise and/or change.
- Self-starter, independent worker
- Excellent at writing short and long-form content
- Creative, thoughtful approach to projects
- Interest in marketing/PR, press, and social media
- Bi-lingual is helpful
- Cares about Family Services’ mission
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have your own phone, computer, and reliable internet connection.
Screening Requirements and Process:
- Must interview with Volunteer Coordinator and/or Development and Communications Coordinator.
- Candidates will be asked to provide a cover letter, resume, and a writing or creative sample (such as social media campaigns, marketing projects, written articles or reports etc.).
- Must receive clearance from the Department of Justice Criminal Record Offender Information database.