JOB DESCRIPTION - Parenting Education Instructor
Minimum Qualifications: Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Education. Child Development or Human Services usually required. Experience: One year’s experience in child development, parenting education, or counseling required. For some positions, may be required to demonstrate ability to work in a bilingual setting (Spanish/English).
Job Duties and responsibilities:
- Facilitate short-term parenting development groups utilizing evidence- based or adult learning curricula and educational material.
- Maintain records of participant attendance, progress, and other elements as required.
- Attend training.
- Demonstrate awareness and competency in providing services to multi-ethnic, multi-cultural groups and individuals.
- Maintain awareness of, and act in accordance with child abuse reporting laws and procedures.
- Conduct program and client outcome evaluation.
- Maintain regular communication with supervisor. Share concerns and ideas for improvement of program.
- Refer class participants to other community resources and services as appropriate.
- Perform duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to self and others.
- Other duties as assigned.