Join our Goshen Family Center team as a volunteer at our distributions throughout the year. Volunteers are essential to Family Services of Tulare County. This is an unpaid, part-time volunteer position.
- Help at one distribution or help out on a regular basis. Length of commitment is flexible.
- Fill out our general liability form.
- Complete COVID-19 symptom screenings prior to each shift and follow our COVID Safety guidelines (Screening requirements vary depending on length of volunteer commitment.)
- Food Distributions- Every 2nd Wednesday of the Month, 7:45am to 12pm
- Diaper Distributions- Every 4th Wednesday of the Month, 7:45am to 12pm
Duties and responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities vary depending on distribution, but could include:
- Setting up distribution, setting up tables, canopies, chairs, preparing food bags, unloading prior distribution food or diapers.
- Loading food bags/diapers into vehicles.
- Cleaning up after distribution. This includes moving tables, canopies, food bags, canned food, diaper boxes and picking up trash.
Duties may vary as needs arise and/or change.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer at distributions.
- Able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time, lift and carry 30 pounds, and communicate clearly.
- Be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Must enjoy working with people and have a customer service mindset.
- Able to take direction from staff and lead volunteers.
- Have reliable transportation and means of communication (i.e. cell phone)
Screening Requirements and Process
- Must interview with Volunteer Coordinator
- Ongoing volunteers must receive clearance from the Department of Justice Criminal Record Offender Information database.
- Provide proof of valid CA Driver’s License.