JOB DESCRIPTION - Visit Supervisor
Minimum Qualifications: Completion of high school or equivalency. Demonstrated ability to read and write English. Demonstrated maturity in crisis situations. Must be at least 21 years of age.
Additional Requirements: Clearance from the Department of Justice Criminal Record Offender Information database. Must possess or be immediately able to obtain 15 hours of training in the areas of domestic violence, substance abuse, divorce/separation, child abuse, assertiveness training, court/legal procedures, community resources, and crisis intervention.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise visitation between child and non-custodial parent(s) as ordered by the court.
- Document case notes in accordance with agency policy.
- Assess children for protective or preventive services and report child abuse/endangerment according to state law.
- Identify crisis situations and act according to agency crisis intervention policies.
- Perform all work in a safe manner so as to avoid injury to self and others.
- Communicate any concerns, needs, or program ideas with project supervisor in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.