JOB DESCRIPTION - Group Facilitator - Anger Management
This is a part-time (8-16 hours/week) position in the Violence and Abuse Intervention Program to lead Anger Management groups in a jail setting. $13.05/hour (pre 40-hour training). $14.39/hour (post 40-hour training).
Education: Associate’s Degree preferred, or be in the process of obtaining Associate’s Degree with completion of a minimum of 24 college units. Professional experience may be considered a substitute for minimum educational requirements.
Experience: Prior work history in social services setting, experience facilitating psycho-educational groups, and working with court-ordered clients is preferred. Group management skills, knowledge of general anger management skills and techniques. Crisis intervention skills and firm knowledge of reporting laws required.
Transportation: Valid California driver license, availability of automobile for business use, and at least minimal auto liability insurance coverage as required by law.
Additional Requirement: Must receive clearance from Department of Justice Criminal Record Offender Information database.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead psycho-educational Anger Management groups for individuals who have been court ordered, have volunteered for services, or who are currently incarcerated at Tulare County jail facilities.
2. Must be able to work effectively with individuals from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
3. Ensure all lesson plans adhere to program curriculum.
4. Use an array of educational, and counseling techniques to help clients learn and practice tools that are being taught in group.
5. Proper and immediate reporting of any suspected child abuse and/or neglect as well as suspected elder abuse.
6. Report and intervene for any real threats of harm to self or others.
7. Evaluate group member’s progress at end of 14 week program.
8. Ability to address deficits in progress with group members.
9. Communicate any problems or concerns with group members or group dynamics to the Program Manager and/or site supervisor in a timely manner.
10. Adhere to all program policies, and requirements.
11. Maintain current and accurate client records.
12. Miscellaneous duties as assigned.