JOB DESCRIPTION - Abuse in Later Life Victim Advocate
Visalia, CA-- Family Services seeks an Abuse in Late Life (ALL) Victim Advocate to provide outreach, victim advocacy, and case management services to persons 50+ years old throughout Tulare County. Candidates must be bilingual/bicultural (English/Spanish). The ALL project is a collaboration with the District Attorney’s Office, Tulare County Sheriff’s Office and Adult Protective Services.
- B.A. in Social Work, Human Services, or related field, and/or related experience.
Experience and Skills:
- Six months experience with a human/social services agency.
- Must demonstrate effective professional public speaking/communication skills.
- Must demonstrate exemplary organization skills.
- A valid California Driver License, availability of automobile for business use, and at least minimal auto liability insurance coverage as required by law.
- Must receive clearance from the Department of Justice Criminal Record Offender Information database.
- Must be bilingual, English/Spanish.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist the ALL Project Coordinator with organizing and facilitating abuse education and training seminars to law enforcement agencies and human service providers working with adults in later life (ages 50+).
2. Attend and participate in Abuse in Later Life (ALL) collaborative meetings, including Tulare County Coordinated Community Response (CCR) meetings.
3. Provide trauma-informed crisis intervention counseling and comprehensive case management services to victims of abuse later in life (ages 50+).
4. Provide information and referral resources to victims of abuse later in life (ages 50+).
5. Conduct targeted outreach throughout Tulare County to those who may be at risk of becoming a victim of abuse later in life.
6. Evaluate the effectiveness of Family Services’ Abuse Later in Life outreach and training presentations.
7.Attend all required conferences and trainings related to the programs.
8. Assist the ALL Project Coordinator and grant partners with the research and creation of educational materials, outreach and activities.
9. Complete 40-hour Rape Crisis Counselor Training and 40-hour Domestic Violence Counselor training (provided as in-house and on-the-job training).
10. Must possess ability to understand and appreciate diversity, and to be sensitive to different experiences and lifestyles.
11. Maintain regular communication with the Program Manager with reference to program needs and problems.
12. Perform all tasks in a safe manner to avoid injury to self and others.
13. Other duties as assigned.
FSLA Status: Full-time/non-exempt, 40-hour/week with benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 403(B)
Compensation: Hourly rate = $13.94
Family Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer